A water dispenser on a fridge provides a convenient way to access cold water without having to open the fridge door. This can be a great convenience, especially in households with a lot of people. However, it is important to ensure that the water dispenser is properly cleaned and maintained in order to ensure its safety and functionality. In this article, we will cover how to clean a water dispenser on a fridge.
What You Need
Before you start, you will need the following supplies:
- Warm water
- Mild detergent
- Soft cloth
- Baking soda
Cleaning the Dispenser
- Unplug the fridge before you start.
- Use a soft cloth dampened with warm water and a mild detergent to wipe down the outside of the dispenser.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub any stubborn deposits.
- Make a paste of vinegar and baking soda and use it to scrub the interior of the dispenser.
- Rinse the dispenser thoroughly with warm water.
- Wipe down the dispenser with a dry cloth.
- Plug the fridge back in and test the dispenser to make sure it is working properly.
Cleaning the Water Reservoir
- Unplug the fridge before starting.
- Remove the water reservoir from the fridge.
- Fill the reservoir with a mixture of warm water and mild detergent.
- Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes.
- Use a soft cloth to scrub the inside of the reservoir.
- Rinse the reservoir thoroughly with warm water.
- Wipe down the reservoir with a dry cloth.
- Place the reservoir back in the fridge and plug the fridge back in.
Cleaning the water dispenser on a fridge is an important task that should be done regularly in order to ensure its safety and functionality. With the help of this guide, you can easily clean your water dispenser and keep it running smoothly.