A car’s suspension is the system that provides the connection between the body and the wheels, and absorbs shock and vibration from road bumps. Suspension consists of different elements such as springs, shock absorbers, arms, struts, etc. These elements are connected to each other and to the body using special parts called bushings.
Bushings come in different types depending on the material from which they are made. The most common types of bushings are rubber and polyurethane bushings.
What are they for?
Bushings are elastic elements that are in the form of cylinders or semi-cylinders with holes for bolts or studs. Bushings perform several functions:
- Compensate for thermal expansion and displacement of suspension elements when the car is moving.
- Prevent wear and corrosion of suspension elements by reducing friction between them.
- They absorb some of the shocks and vibrations from the road, improving the comfort and handling of the car.
- Provide the necessary angle of inclination of the wheels and the height of the body above the road.
Polyurethane bushings are a modern type of bushing that has emerged as an alternative to rubber bushings. Polyurethane is a synthetic polymer that has high strength, rigidity and resistance to various influences.
Polyurethane bushings have the following advantages:
- Long service life and preservation of its properties under any operating conditions.
- High rigidity and resistance to deformation, which leads to improved handling and stability of the car.
- Ease of replacement due to the absence of the need for special equipment and tools.
Choosing and buying bushings is a responsible decision that requires knowledge and experience. Feel free to order these parts online. If you want to choose and buy bushings in an online store, you will get the following benefits: a wide range of bushings from different manufacturers and for different car models, favorable prices and promotions, quality assurance and service.